Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One Project = More Projects...




With deployed airbags, you obviously have to do some tearing apart of your dash. This past weekend I successfully took out the old passenger side airbag and put in the "new" one from the donr car. (Sensors had been replaced the previous week.) I also replaced the airbag control unit. (Yellow cables anywhere mean airbag wiring.) Haven't attempted the steering wheel swap yet.







Well, since I had the dash apart...and since I had the headliner down and all the side trim loose or off (to work on the roof)...I thought I might as well do some sound upgrades. I thought about a factory Sube CD player, but I'd need a tape/CD combo in order to use the PDA sometimes. Plus, a used unit has little or no warranty, so I ended up finding an affordable stereo at Target that like the "feel" of. I picked up a wiring harness adapter a couple days later, and that made the install better. I also ran wires for the PDA unit, in addition to a power wire from battery to dash switch for an amp to be in the back with a 12" subwoofer. And, a power cord from battery to dash switch for a sleek pair of fog/driving lights I plan to mount on the front crossbar of my bike roof rack. You have the dash ripped apart, might as well get multiple things accomplised at once so you don't have to tear it apart again later.




Or so I thought...Grrrrrr. I had my sub and amp hooked up and playing music for a couple hours. Wanted to make sure it all worked before I put the interior back together. So, obviously, a little later--after headliner, trim, and dash were mostly back in order, the amp power lead starts blowing fuses. I have no idea what would make it start doing that suddenly. Maybe when I snapped all the side trim back in place I pinched the power wire that runs to the back of the car. I dunno, but it was pretty stinking frustrating. So, I may have to tear some of the interior apart again...

1 comment:

Putri Adiratnaa said...

Opportunité de prêt offerte par M. Benjamin qui sauve ma famille de la servitude financière {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com}

Bonjour à tous, je suis la mère célibataire de Putri Adiratnaa de Jakarta, je voudrais partager ce grand témoignage sur la façon dont j'ai obtenu un prêt de M. Benjamin, lorsque nous avons été chassés de notre maison alors que je ne pouvais plus payer mes factures, après se faire arnaquer par diverses sociétés en ligne et refuser un prêt de ma banque et d'une autre caisse populaire que j'ai visitée. Mes enfants ont été pris en famille d'accueil, j'étais tout seul dans la rue. Le jour où j'ai honteusement rencontré un camarade de classe qui m'a présenté Daisy Maureen. Au début, je lui ai dit que je ne suis plus prête à prendre le risque de demander un prêt en ligne, mais elle m'a assuré que je recevrais mon prêt de leur part. Dans un second temps, en raison de mon sans-abrisme, j'ai dû faire un essai et demandé le prêt, heureusement pour moi, j'ai reçu un prêt de 80 000 $ de M. Benjamin. Je suis heureux d'avoir pris le risque et demandé le prêt. Mes enfants m'ont été rendus et maintenant je possède une maison et une entreprise à moi. Tous mes remerciements et ma gratitude vont au service de financement Le_Meridian et à l'aide de M. Benjamin pour m'avoir donné un sens à la vie alors que j'avais perdu tout espoir. Si vous recherchez actuellement une assistance de prêt, vous pouvez les contacter via: {lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} ou WhatsApp + 1-989-394-3740